Below is a list of items that we recommend you bring to treatment at Green Mountain Treatment Center.
*WE SUGGEST ONLY BRINGING ONE SUITCASE TO TREATMENT*
- Prescription medications in the original pharmacy bottle1
- Insurance cards
- A form of ID
- 5-7 shirts2
- 5-7 pairs of pants or shorts
- 7 pairs of underwear and socks
- 2 pajamas
- 1 pair of sneakers
- 1 pair of comfortable shoes
- 1 pair of winter boots
- 1 jacket
- 2 sweatshirts
- 1 pair of winter gloves
- 1 winter hat
- Toiletries- no alcohol in 1st 3 ingredients3
- Enough cigarettes for 30 days
- Stationery and stamps
- Addresses and phone numbers
- 2-3 books (optional)
- Eyeglasses (if needed)
1 Prescription medication must be in original bottle with the information label still intact. Any liquid medication must be new and sealed. It is also suggested that you bring a list of all your current medications and dosages.
2 If bringing tank tops make sure you also pack long sleeve attire to appropriately cover up.
3 Enough shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, deodorant, shaving cream and soap for 30 days. Hair dryer, shaving supplies, nail clippers. These items can not have alcohol in the first three active/inactive ingredients ; there is no such thing as inactive alcohol.
What you MAY NOT bring (THIS LIST IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE BASED ON STAFF DISCRETION AT ANY TIME)
- Unlabeled/sample/mixed medications
- Herbal products/supplemental vitamins
- Weapons of any kind
- Electronic equipment1
- Excessive makeup, clothing or jewelry
- Rolling/chewing tobacco
- Cigars, cigarillos, or pipes
- Vapes or electronic cigarettes
- Clothing with inappropriate or alcohol/drug related wording or logos or sexual content
- Baseball caps or flat brimmed hats
- Short shorts/skirts
- Halter tops, tank tops, or shirts that show your midriff
- Pillows, blankets, comforters2
- Toiletries with alcohol in the first three active or inactive ingredients
- Games, card decks, or sporting equipment
- Perfumes, colognes, body sprays, or aerosols
- Expensive items of any kind
- More than $50 cash
- Outside food or beverages
- Paints or permanent markers
1 Including but not limited to cell phones, MP3 players, headphones, etc. (if you bring an electronic device of any kind it will be locked in secured property for the duration of your treatment).
2 We supply bedding and do not recommend you bring your own.
If you have any questions, please call 603-818-2027 to speak to our admissions staff.